Instock and Ready to Ship - Buy More Save More!
This Marine Flooring Adhesive has been specially formulated to bond to the back of our marine flooring. Other types of adhesives can cause discoloration to the vinyl flooring, bubbling, or even eat away at the floor backing over time. Please use the correct glue when installing your boat or RV flooring. Using the wrong glue will void your flooring warranty.
- This carpet glue is sold in 1 gallon pails.
- Each 1 gallon pail covers an 8' x 10' area (or 80 sq. ft.)
- Designed specifically for installing boat carpet.
- Non-Toxic and Non-Flammable.
- Water based (Adheres to rubber backed carpeting perfectly and will not deteriorate backing over time like alcohol-based glues)
- This glue has the consistency of warm honey and can be easily spread by paint roller on to the deck of any boat.
- This carpet glue is very versatile and may be used on Marine Plywood, Particle Board, Concrete, Aluminum and Fiberglass.
- Cures fast and sets up in half the time compared to other carpeting adhesives.
- This marine adhesive is what you'll need to safely secure your new carpeting and achieve the look of a professional installation all by yourself.
- Ships within 24Hrs.
- For best results use this boat carpet glue at temperatures above 60 degrees.
- First unroll your flooring over the area you wish to carpet to inspect for defects as well as checking to make sure you have enough.
- Roll the flooring back up evenly and start applying the glue to the first 1/3 of the area.
- Apply by pouring about 1/2 of the pale on to the area and spread using a medium nap paint roller on a broom stick. Let glue set up for about 3-5 minutes before applying carpet. A one gallon pale should cover a 8'ft x 10'ft area.
- Roll your flooring over the glued area and smooth out using your arm or 2x4 to reach. We use a heavy pvc pipe to iron it out. A heavy carpet roller is not necessary.
- Repeat this process over the reaming 2/3's of your area. Gluing smaller areas as you go is often easier.
- Depending on conditions it may take up to 24hrs for glue to fully dry. This glue is water based so the humidity in the air will factor into drying time. Allow glue to fully dry before replacing any seats, furniture or any other items that will be placed on top of new carpeting.
- If you are replacing your carpet outdoors make sure that while you are letting the glue dry to fully cover the newly carpeted area to keep it from getting wet if it happens to rain. If your newly installed carpet happens to get wet before the glue is fully dried the water will stop the glue from curing and you may have to start over and replace your carpeting.
- This carpet glue is not to be used on pressure treated plywood.
Our marine grade carpet glue will ensure that your carpet looks great season after season. When buying a marine grade carpet glue, don't go cheap. Some boat glue's actually eat away the carpet backing over time. This water-based marine adhesive is recommended by boat manufactures all over. It is worth to spend a little more on your boat carpet glue to protect your investment. This marine adhesive may be used on Pontoon Boats, Deck Boats, Bass Boats, Ski Boats, Jon Boats or on your patio or deck.