RestorePontoon.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off The Beaten Path > You Have Another Water Toy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My other water toy is an Ice House

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My other water toy is an Ice House
    Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 6:15pm
Does frozen water count???

rickdb1 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 7:04pm
Only if it stays frozen..LOL
Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
2007 90 HP Mercury 4 stroke

Retired AirForce View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:08pm
water is water regardless of format, and toys is toys, so it works LOL.

Say, does that house come off the trailer, or how does it sit on the ice? Got any action shots of the deployment?
CajunDiver View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 9:31pm
That looks like fun
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 10:13am
No action shots. If you look closely behind the wheel you can see a crank, like on a boat trailer, with a cable attached to it that runs down to one end of the leaf spring. Release a ping and turn the crank and it lowers to the ice. One on each side. Same with the hitch. You can't see it in this picture but there is a crank on the hitch that allows me to lower the hitch to the ice with it still on the ball of the truck. Here's a picture that shows the other side and the hitch. Of course these pictures are old, we don't have snow here yet. Big smile
Darren
Deer Creek, Minnesota, USA
78 Lund Mr. Pike
87 Sun Patio Sunliner DLX
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 1:31pm
Ahh so a house on a like a flat bed trailer, that's pretty cool.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 8:31pm
Have any inside pics?
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 1:14am
Think I saw him post a few a few years ago, so yeah, seeing those inside pics (especially on ice) would be cool. Clap
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 2:36pm
These pictures are from 2008. There have been a few changes like the bunk on the right is now down by the floor and closer to the front but you get the basic idea.

Some fish caught that day.

Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 10:09pm
That is awesome! Must be nice to be able to wake up, roll over and fish. Then cook them right there.
p3cflyr View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3cflyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2012 at 10:38pm
Somehow it just does not look like a fish camp!!  LOL  Seriously that is very nice.  Knotty Pine interior. Stove, bunks, and a desk?  Excellent way to go fishing in winter.
rickdb1 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2012 at 12:33pm
I think I could fish from there.Big smile And it looks like there's some nice Crappie to be had.Thumbs Up
Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 12:23am
Me and Brian was talking about your ice house and Brian said those black round things he though were covers for the holes (access). So do you fish from inside the house? Can you show us some closeup's of how you guys fish from inside if you do fish from inside. Hey I'll volunteer to ride inside the house while you haul it out to the lake. I can't walk worth a darn, so I'd have to hitch a ride out there LOL
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 10:23am
No need to walk Carles. My dad and I bought a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 850 HO Touring EPS atv just for that purpose. :) Yes that is exactly what the round black things are on the floor. There are 6 holes inside this house. Can have two lines per person so if there are more than 3 people we drill holes outside and use tip-ups. I will see if I can find a picture of one of them too.  Here are some pictures of the holes.

There are several different styles of tip-ups, if you go to this google link you will see several options.
Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 4:34pm
and would you look at that, a HEATER right by the holes, now that's just plain too easy fishing LOL.
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 9:56pm
Fishing in the living room. All you need is a recliner lol!
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:47am
Took this picture 5 minutes ago.
Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

rickdb1 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:37pm
Link dead Darren..
Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 1:52pm
hummm works for me. So lets try this instead

toonrider View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toonrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 6:33pm
 Darren, now that it's all setup & ready to go, we are going to be watching for some pictures of the fish being caught! Wink
Randy
2008 SunTracker 190
2008 Mercury 60hp Bigfoot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic