RestorePontoon.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Off The Beaten Path > You Have Another Water Toy?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My other water toy is an Ice House

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 6:39pm
Well on facebook he posted this pic

toonrider View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toonrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 6:55pm
 That looks like a sauger or smaller walleye, both darn good eatin!Thumbs Up
Randy
2008 SunTracker 190
2008 Mercury 60hp Bigfoot
kartracer View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kartracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 8:01am
PEOPLE,,,,, Just come on down to south Louisiana and fish in short sleeve shirts. How do you fish from the house??? Have never seen anything like that Big smile
liquid asset View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquid asset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by kartracer kartracer wrote:

PEOPLE,,,,, Just come on down to south Louisiana and fish in short sleeve shirts. How do you fish from the house??? Have never seen anything like that Big smile

I'll bet there's nothing that can eat you in the water he's fishing in l.o.l. Have a winter season does have it's advantages ! 
 I have to say that is a fancy shanty, well I can't even call it that it's way to nice. I have done a bit of ice fishing here in michigan and I guess we just roughed it. I thought the collapsable shanty we drug out on the ice was nice . That big fishing shack reminds me of the guys fishing in the movie "grumpy old men" !!! Guys around here are just starting  wander out on the ice. Actually had a few rescues this weekend. It's cold now but we had snow before the cold snap and it's letting the lakes hold their heat.
           ,shaun
custom 1983 riviera cruiser tritoon with a yamaha 90 to push it along
2011 crew cab F-350 with a 6.7 diesel gets me to the water
Retired AirForce View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 12:33pm
Yeah, in LA, not only can they eat you from the water, but from the air as well. Those suckers are big enough if they gang up on you they can tote you off into the marshes for other snackers. I seen one guy go from 300lbs down to 50, look like a collapsed straw in a soda bottle. We had to take a big fish and hook up a hose between them and use a bicycle pump to pump the fishes blood into him to save his life. The only downfall to that? He developed gills and had to live in the brackish water. Now does he not only have to watch for gators but sharks too LOL  Ok ok, I just woke up ok, I've got a weird sense of humor this morning. Embarrassed

Edited by Retired AirForce - Jan 02 2013 at 4:21pm
CedarCreekWoody View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedarCreekWoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:18pm
OK, Charles -- No more 4 AM nights for you!!
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 4:19pm
but but, what will I do then? Actually go to sleep? LOL

Edited by Retired AirForce - Jan 02 2013 at 4:20pm
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:03am
I will try to get some more pictures of he Walleye caught tonight. Caught one keeper last night but lost three and broke line on one. I can't figure out how to post pictures on here from my phone. If I do, I will post them right away.
Darren
Deer Creek, Minnesota, USA
78 Lund Mr. Pike
87 Sun Patio Sunliner DLX
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:18am
This is the "toy" I use to pull the fish house around when the snow is too deep for my truck. I don't have a picture of it but I have a 5 foot snow plow on the wheeler also.

Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:21am
Darren, if its like my phone, I discovered something. Even though it transfers as a JPG or JPEG, its actually a BMP file. For some reason (may be this older forum software) but its rejecting it as an invalid file right? I know when its sent to facebook, facebook converts it to JPEG/JPG. I'm hoping that once this forum is upgraded, it'll fix that problem. In the meantime, I'm having to upload them to the computer, open it with Windows Paint, then save it with the same name (its in JPG extension but forum doesn't like it), once I've saved it, then I can upload it. Also guys, remember do NOT put any characters such as ", ; etc, forum will reject it everytime even in the new version.
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:49am
No actually on mine. The Browse option doesn't work. It doesn't say browse it says Choose file. When I click on it nothing happens. It does this on both my Samsung Galazy Nexus and My Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX.
Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 12:05pm
I'll check on that.
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 12:38pm
Didn't see anything wrong with permissions, so must be because of the old forum software.
toonrider View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toonrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 2:43pm
Darren, that must be one rough riding machine, because the wheels aren't round. LOL I bet that has pretty good traction in the snow - nice rig!
Randy
2008 SunTracker 190
2008 Mercury 60hp Bigfoot
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 5:35pm
Works great in snow or mud or whatever. Check out this link and you can see how much fun tracks can be.
Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:55am
Caught this night. 23 inches long. About 4 to 4.5 pounds. Too big to eat and not big enough to put on the wall so I let her go.

Darren
78 Lund Mr. Pike
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic