Forum Home Forum Home > Restore Pontoon Tips & Hints > Electrical Components
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring Perko Switch 2 batteries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring Perko Switch 2 batteries
    Posted: Jun 10 2017 at 5:07pm
Got this from tommy24a. Tom I hope you don't mind me posting this as I prefer EVERYONE benefits and only use email/messages for personal stuff. Posting pics of your setup or a diagram of your setup will help everyone understand. I would also ask the guys at EZACDC too for their help of your setup.

Hello..was wondering if you could help me.  I have a pontoon boat with a 2 battery setup with a perko switch. I purchased the ezacdc wire harness. It runs my nav lights, docking lights. Where would I connect the positive and negative of the harness?  Which battery? Either battery leaves power to the harness full time. Rather not have it constantly connected. Also want to make sure i am charging the batteries correctly. .am i making any sense?

Its really important that you have your Perko switch wired correctly to the batteries and whether or not you have a VSR in that switch (that prevents starting battery from draining below a certain voltage).

Its also important that you have your battery negative posts not connected in any way through other devices.  I myself use battery isolation posts to battery 1/battery 2 (grounds & positives when wiring devices).  In my bass boat, I use a battery dedicated to electronics/lights a battery for STARTING ONLY, then 2 batteries up front for the 24v trolling motor.

The big motor once it charges up the main battery (via VSR) switches to charge battery 2 (electrics). I have a battery gauge for EACH battery and I flip a switch to check the electronics battery OR the 24v pack (it reads either 12 or 24v and its electronic). The main battery gauge reads what come from the motor at all times (and its also electronic)..

Check out EZACDC's responses to other questions here http://www.ezacdc.com/boat-wiring/
Charles
Smyrna TN
Disabled USAF Vietnam Veteran
RestorePontoon Admin
2013 Tracker Team Pro 175TF
2013 Mercury 60HP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic