Forum Home Forum Home > Off The Beaten Path > Non-Pontoon Boat Related Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yep, I've been gone for a while

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yep, I've been gone for a while
    Posted: Jan 01 2017 at 11:27am
I was hoping (beyond hope) that the upload picture thing would be fixed however it really doesn't have to be if you use a free photo hosting site like photobucket ($10 a year if you don't want ads), then link your photo's to your posts using URL's (pictures show just the same if not better).

So yep, been gone and it hasn't been long since I just got out of the hospital of heart attack #4 and heart surgery #15. They can't do any more for me but adjust medications to ease the pains. Going blind (already left eye only see light and some colors), won't be long before right eye is just as bad.  Course waiting on the VA who has put off my eye surgery for over 6 months (and now to probably this coming summer MAYBE) for every imaginable excuse they can think of. Oh well, that's the VA way, let veterans die slowly and painfully.

So can't say I'll be on here much but thought I'd catch up on my forum duties per se. This is probably going to be my last year of fishing with my bass boat but my other vietnam veteran buddy says he'll carry me and put me in the boat (and he's much shorter than I am) LOL 

I've been working on restoring a 1994 Kawasaki KZ1000P police bike and it was already running when I got it. Can't ride it but I can look at it and play with. Already got the lights and siren working but still adding some relay's to the lights, horn, etc making it better then the original but still trying to keep it somewhat original.  Eventually I'll sell it to a police enthusiast/affectionado who'll appreciate it.

Charles
Smyrna TN
Disabled USAF Vietnam Veteran
RestorePontoon Admin
2013 Tracker Team Pro 175TF
2013 Mercury 60HP
CedarCreekWoody View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedarCreekWoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2017 at 8:38am
Charles, are you hanging in there? I miss our Louisiana fishing. Hard to believe it's been over 3 years since I retired and moved to Texas. I'm ashamed to admit that even though I live on a lake I seem to fish even less. We did buy a camper and have been enjoying traveling a bit. My favorite fishing now is fly fishing for trout.
We bought a 18 ft pontoon boat with a 4 stroke Mercedes. It is perfect for us enjoying the lake.
I hope you've got the VA whipped into shape and working on your health issues.

Hang in there,

Woody
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
AirForce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2017 at 10:36pm
I've slowed down a lot, been in the hospital a lot too. They are now evaluating me for an artificial heart (aka heart pump) as the LVAD (left ventricle assist device). Hopefully I'll get it before the end of the year, otherwise I won't make it to the end of 2018. My vietnam buddy moved back to WV, so waiting to see about the heart pump. If no go, selling everything for the wife's retirement since my income will go away. (gov't handouts). Suppose to get left eye surgery in a few weeks, we'll see. Hard to see out of one half baked eye (its supposed to be operated on 6 weeks after the left). I ain't holding my breath LOL.
Charles
Smyrna TN
RestorePontoon Admin
2013 Mercury 60HP
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 10:40am
Keep on Keepin on Charles. Hope they will finally help you. Seems all vets I talk to have terrible healthcare stories.  Glad to hear you're still up and moving. Hope all goes well for you for once.
Darren
Deer Creek, Minnesota, USA
78 Lund Mr. Pike
87 Sun Patio Sunliner DLX
04 Chevrolet Silverado

AirForce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 5:47pm
Well at least I was surprised with the eye surgery, see docs again on Tuesday for my 2nd checkup after surgery last Monday. I gotta get back to working on the bike, since only lack just a tad having it totally done, but again, that may be why I haven't finished it LOL. My toy will be GONE, might take a while though. Thinking of taking it to Kawasaki for a tune and get it finalized that way a buyer won't be too hesitant. Sure wished I could have rode it ONCE. Hoping too I get to go fishing next year too.

At least I can't complain anymore about my eyes (well hopefully since still can't see real good yet). VA at Vanderbilt though sure have got the best student docs and Instructors. I even have to say the eye docs there are great too (100 times better than Alvin C York VA in Murfreesboro TN). Those docs were taught at Meharry (sorriest school in the South in my opinion), but the eye docs were imported from India and paid to attend school by the gov-ment (go figure, our tax dollars at work).
Charles
Smyrna TN
RestorePontoon Admin
2013 Mercury 60HP
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 11:56am
Hope your getting better Charles. The bike looks cool. Gotta have projects. lol
Darren
Deer Creek, Minnesota, USA
78 Lund Mr. Pike
87 Sun Patio Sunliner DLX
04 Chevrolet Silverado

CedarCreekWoody View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CedarCreekWoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2017 at 8:22am
Charles, glad to hear you are on the mend. Hopefully the heart gizmos will come through for you. Get some of you buddies to take you fishing. I know you have several that would in Louisiana and I'll be glad to if you get over Texas way.
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
AirForce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2017 at 4:49pm
If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all I guess. I just got out of the hospital again, had surgery Monday night June 5th. Had a boil on my butt cheek (get those from too much sitting in wheel chair I guess) that that infected which lead to fevers and a staph infection then surgery to remove it. There's enough room in my butt cheek now to park a truck in LOL. First time I've sat in my wheechair since surgery and so far tolerating it.  This time I'll spare everyone the horrors of posting the HOLE LOL. LOL
Charles
Smyrna TN
RestorePontoon Admin
2013 Mercury 60HP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic