Forum Home Forum Home > Off The Beaten Path > Please Tell Us Where You Are
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where Are You From?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Are You From?
    Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 2:35pm
Well seeing how I'm the new administrator I may as well start this off by saying I'm near Nashville TN. Lived in the area since 1990. In the past I lived down in Lafayette, LA/Abbeville, LA in addition to New Orleans. Had also lived in Durango CO, several places in Texas, near Meridian MS and Lakenheath, England. Most of the time I was stationed overseas, didn't see much stateside.

So where are you?
CajunDiver View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CajunDiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 11:23pm
I am from Louisiana. I live in the Northern part but have a camp in the Grand Isle area. I enjoy saltwater and freshwater fishing/spearfishing. I recently sold my pontoon houseboat but enjoyed many a night on Lake Ouachita. I am hoping to build a pontoon duck blind in the near future.
rickdb1 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2012 at 3:50pm
From Missouri and boat at Lake of the Ozarks. Looking forward to some fall fishing and cruising if I get the time.
Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
2007 90 HP Mercury 4 stroke

WoodenPontoon View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WoodenPontoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2012 at 9:44pm
I live in Preston, Connecticut, which is in the southeastern part of the state.  Do most of my boating on Gardener Lake.
Dan Williams
22 1/2' Basement Hand-Crafted Wooden Tri-Hulled Pontoon, 90 HP Evinrude
VaGent View Drop Down
Major
Major

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaGent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 1:44pm
I live in Petersburg, VA just south of Richmond, VA. I do all my boating on Kerr Lake which borders VA/NC & is a 48,000+ acre lake. 
rickdb1 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickdb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2012 at 10:29pm
Hey ya Les. Good to see ya...Thumbs Up
Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
2007 90 HP Mercury 4 stroke

Retired AirForce View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2012 at 10:36am
Glad to see both Dan and Les Hug
PineLakeDee View Drop Down
Commander
Commander

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PineLakeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 3:26pm
LaPorte Indiana!!!!  45 Minutes from East Chicago - 15 Minutes South of  New Buffalo Mi - 25 Minutes West South Bend!! 
We boat on Pine Lake in LaPorte..  My husband and I love it there and our two dogs love the pontoon boat too!!  
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2012 at 5:37pm
Hey is this Dee as in Andrea's mom?? Gonna see you and hubby next year hopefully.
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 6:19pm
I'm from "The Land of 10,000 Lakes" (actually more than 14,000 in the state) Minnesota. I boat in any one of over 20 lakes all within 10 miles of my house.
p3cflyr View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3cflyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 7:45pm
Hi Darrklim2, how ya doing?  Long time no hear!!
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2012 at 8:05pm
Hello Darren, welcome to the house Big smile
Darrklim2 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrklim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2012 at 10:16am
Thanks for the welcome! I'm still surviving, one day at a time. Smile
Darren
Deer Creek, Minnesota, USA
78 Lund Mr. Pike
87 Sun Patio Sunliner DLX
04 Chevrolet Silverado

Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 6:32pm
Hey, kartracer just joined up from Houma LA. We all know Ronney (well most of us regulars do). Welcome Ronney aka kartracer.
p3cflyr View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3cflyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 6:54pm
Saw his name on the new member but wasn't sure where to make a comment.  Good to see he's here.  Thumbs Up
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 1:40am
Hey Mrt24 from Crosby TX made it over tonight, Hello Ryan, glad to see you finally made it.
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 2:27pm
Hey guys, I see Woody (now as CedarCreekWoody) has joined up. Always nice to have an experienced pontooner come join as have you others to assist new boat owners with questions. Now I see Woody is from Lousiana, but I think he actually lives in TX or is it he lives in Lousiana but has his boat in TX, I can't remember, maybe he'll clarify it Wink
p3cflyr View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3cflyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 3:09pm
Hello to Ryan and Woody.  Lots of knowledge and good ideas with those chaps!!  Wink
Admiral
Admiral

Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retired AirForce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 5:25pm
Found out from Woody that he sold his pontoon boat last year and got a Sea Pro (saltwater fishing). I totally understand that, as I never realized how much I missed fishing the marshes of Louisana. In fact, when I got laid off in the 80's, I sustained us with my little 15ft bass boat, setting out catfish trot lines in the morning, fish for redfish/flounder and throwing the cast net for shrimp or set out crawfish traps, then in the evening on the way back in from the marsh, check my trot lines. Then take my catch to the gas station, and sell most of it or traded for gas, oil, bait, and cash. I managed to pay my bills/rent and buy other groceries and always had GOOD eating.

So Woody aka CedarCreekWoody is like Brian now (except Brian has a bigger boat) aka CajunDiver. Don't worry guys, Restore Pontoon will accept ANYBODY with a boat or PWC. They got other web sites and eventually we'll have forums on them too in the future. That would be pretty cool if Restore Pontoon got saltwater gear for their Eternal Boating site
Mrt24 View Drop Down
Admiral
Admiral

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrt24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2012 at 10:06pm
Well I'm here and thanks for the welcome. I'm Ryan for those that don't know I live in Crosby Texas (15 min from Houston ) and I mostly boat on lake Houston or lake Livingston the Gulf of Mexico and the San jacinto river.
Ryan, Martha, Ana and Nathan
1992 monark sunspa240
1996 (rebuilt) Johnson 112
2006 dodge ram quad cab
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic